Michael V. Barrett, President
Michael Barrett has specialized in legislative and regulatory consulting and public affairs for over 25 years.
Mr. Barrett's clients have encompassed a wide array of interests and he has negotiated landmark legislation, affecting the insurance, health and banking industries, including:
- Enactment of Insurance Law Section 3425 that regulates insurance carrier cancellation and non-renewal of automobile insurance policies;
- Banking parity legislation to give state chartered banks parity with federally chartered banks to market insurance and other products;
- Health insurance legislation providing a regulatory framework for managed care health insurance companies to implement consumer standards and appeals;
- Sweeping workers’ compensation reform legislation;
- Enactment of proposals for insurance carriers to develop fraud protection plans; and
- Enactment of New York’s first law allowing continuing care retirement communities.
Mr. Barrett was a member of the New York State Task Force for the White House Conference on Small Business, and frequently addresses various organizations regarding the national and state legislative process and effective lobbying.
He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Wagner College in Staten Island and his Master’s in Business from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.